School is back in session for most of us around the world with varying degrees of in person or virtual learning. We’ve been adapting to our new routines and that includes what to pack for our little ones’ lunches! My Maple Mustard SweetPotato Chicken Skewers are just the thing to whip together quickly on a school night for an easy meal or pack in their lunch boxes. They also travel great for a social-distanced picnic in the park.
Follow along with how to make this simple dish in my Maple Mustard SweetPotato Chicken Skewers video on YouTube here.
Maple Mustard SweetPotato Chicken Skewers
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 medium sweetpotatoes, parcooked, peeled and diced
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the maple syrup, mustard, salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix in sweetpotatoes, chicken and bell pepper pieces and marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Thread items onto skewers and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Stay up to date with my simple, accessible and affordable recipes on my YouTube channel here. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog and check in for my regular posts over on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.