This recipe can’t get any easier. Three ingredients: sauce, pasta and protein/veggies of choice. Yes, that’s it! You can get more creative with it to add in bits of this and that you may have leftover in the fridge, but you can’t go wrong with the original three ingredients.
The real standout for this one is Nellino’s Sauce. Nellino’s Sauce comes in four flavors: Marinara, Tomato & Basil, Hot & Spicy Arrabbiata and Lavendar and Thyme Pomodoro. Each has their own distinct, yet subtle flavor profile without being overwhelming. Nellino’s is also the only brand I’ve had where I didn’t need to doctor it up with a dash of this or a splash of that to be enjoyable. If you haven’t tried Nellino’s yet, I suggest giving them a try for this recipe to let it be the real star. I really like their Lavendar and Thyme Pomodoro because of the subtle flavor combo that also happens to be FODMAP-friendly.
Easy Three Pasta
- One (24 oz.) jar of Nellino’s Sauce, any flavor
- One pound of cooked pasta, any variety (whichever meets your nutrition needs and taste preference)
- One pound of cooked protein (shredded pork, ground turkey, soy crumbles) or roasted vegetables
- Optional toppings: parmesan cheese, chopped fresh parsley or basil
1. Mix together all ingredients until well combined.
2. Serve Easy Three Pasta hot.
Cooking versatility note: Need to feed a crowd or going to a potluck? Keep your Easy Three Pasta hot in a slow cooker to ensure everyone gets a bowl full of warm, hearty pasta!
A big thank you to Neal McTighe, owner of Nellino’s Sauce Co., for the product samples. They’ve been put to good use! Have you used Nellino’s in your FODMAP-friendly recipes? Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog and check in for my regular posts over on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.